As much as we don’t want to admit it, summer is almost over and it’s time to start planning for our Fall wardrobe! The first thing to do when you’re building your seasonal wardrobe is to make sure you have all of your basics. I know… basics aren’t as fun to buy as that super amazing lace top with a unique hemline (I’m totally guilty of this all the time!), but generally speaking, those trendy pieces are always paired with a classic. AND you’ll be less likely to say “I have nothing to wear” because the thing about basics is the fact that they’re all pretty much interchangeable!
To make it super easy for you, I’ve put together a full list of basics and broken them up into categories. As I mentioned before, most all of these items are interchangeable but for sake of not writing a novel, I just gave 1 example instead of a million of how to style each piece. 😉 *if you want more, just lmk*
♦ tip : most of these basics you’ll be able to wear year round!
- bodysuit : NIGHT OUT // pair with high waisted denim & stiletto booties
- oversized sweater : ERRANDS // pair with leggings & OTK boots
- bralette : wear underneath a chunky cable knit sweater or a low v-neck top
- v-neck : WORK // pair with denim, peep toe booties & leather moto jacket
- tank blouse : HAPPY HOUR // pair with leather leggings, duster & fancy flats
PANTS // JUMPSUITS // ROMPERS
- distressed denim : FOOTBALL GAME // pair with your fav jersey or sports tee → shop here
- leather leggings : FALL ACTIVITY DAY (cue basic white girl 💁🏼 ) // pair with chunky sweater & booties
- jumpsuit : DATE NIGHT // pair with classic pair of pumps
- romper : NIGHT OUT // pair with OTK boots & duster or cardigan for layering
♦ fall trends : jewel tones, pastel colors, dark florals | & stripes… but those are always a basic
- bold colored hat : wear for FALL ACTIVITY DAY … adds a little spice to any neutral outfit
- dark lipstick : wear with a clean face – think, cat eyes & full coverage
- saddle bag : wear with basically any outfit – super transitional, day to night
- choker : the revamped trend from the 90s … looks amazing with a super deep v-neck!
- otk/thigh high boots : CASUAL DAY // pair with shorts & chunky oversized sweater
- slides : WINERY // pair with distressed denim, blouse & suede moto jacket
- peep toe booties : SHOPPING // pair with shirt dress
- fall-colored block heels : literally can wear with any fall outfit – think olive green, navy blue, burgundy – great splash of color!
- layering is key to any Fall outfit : any of these pieces can go over denim + blouse & leather leggings + vneck